Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vegetarian Nightmare

40 cows were consumed today in the friendly town of McMurdo Station! That is the approximate quantity it takes to feed around 1000 for one meal when those people can take as many steaks as they want. Myself and one other production cook spent about 2 1/2 hours today grilling 700 pounds, or approximately 1400 steaks. It wasn't the funnest job I have had, but I was able to catch up on some reading my book in between flipping steaks and filling up the grill. By the end of the task, I took off my gloves and noticed that it looked like I had a tanline from where the gloves were. This was not true though as I was grilling indoors and the only light I was getting was from standard lightbulbs much like the one that may be above your head at present moment and I'm sure you are not wearign sunscreen from worries that you may get burnt from these bulbs. No sir, this was a line from where the grease was not able to cover me from the hundreds of spattering steaks. It felt good to wash off my arms and face that night after work, tasting the salty grease as it washed off my face. I love being a meat cook!

No comments: